Morning Good World! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspaper
Juicy had gathered in summary 10 leading Nigerian trending newspaper on Monday 20th of April 2020
1. The Nigeria Center for Disease Control, NCDC, on Sunday, confirmed 86 new cases of coronavirus in Nigeria.
NCDC, in a tweet on its Twitter page, said the current total number across Nigeria now stands at 627.
2. The Jigawa State Government has announced a lockdown as the State has recorded a first COVID-19 case in Kazaure Local Government.
Governor Muhammad Badaru Abubakar, who disclosed this to newsmen in Dutse on Sunday, explained that the victim returned from Lagos and was isolated for weeks and his samples returned positive.
3. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, on Sunday, said there are now 22 states with COVID-19 cases across the country.
Giving a breakdown of the states with cases, NCDC on its Twitter handle wrote, “As at 11:50 pm 19th April, the breakdown of cases by state is: Lagos- 376 FCT- 88 Kano- 36 Osun- 20 Oyo- 16 Edo- 15 Ogun- 12 Kwara- 9 Katsina- 12 Bauchi- 7 Kaduna- 6 Akwa Ibom- 9 Delta- 4 Ekiti- 3 Ondo- 3 Enugu- 2 Rivers-2 Niger- 2 Benue- 1 Anambra- 1 Borno- 1 Jigawa- 2.
4. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called for the suspension of charges for use of ATM cards and low amount mobile fund transfers during the COVID-19 lockdown.
PDP, which made the call in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, on Sunday in Abuja, stated that the suspension of such charges should be part of the panacea to ease the burden on poor Nigerians during the lockdown.
5. Legal luminary, Femi Falana (SAN) on Sunday, gave an alarming insight into the fight against coronavirus in Nigeria.
He complained that rich Nigerians who had tested positive for the disease were shunning government-approved Isolation Centres and were using unapproved private hospitals for treatment.
6. The Kano State Government has approved the deportation of almajiris, otherwise known as ‘children beggars’ in the state.
Salihu Tanko Yakasai, the media aide to Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, while making the disclosure on Sunday, said the decision was made to fully consolidate the free and compulsory primary and secondary schools education in Kano State.
7. Chioma, wife of popular Nigerian Singer, Davido, has tested negative for Coronavirus.
Davido, who took to his Twitter page on Sunday, to confirm her test result, disclosed that Chioma, who tested positive weeks ago for COVID-19 has tested negative twice.
8. The Lagos State Government has said there is no law or policy in place that forbids the release of the bodies of patients who died of COVID-19 to their families for burial.
The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof Akin Abayomi, who said this while addressing a press conference on Sunday, insisted that there is no policy against the release of the deceased with COVID-19 to the family for interment if protocols would be followed.
9. The Katsina State Police Command says bandits have killed 47 people in early morning attacks on communities in three local government areas.
The spokesman, SP Gambo Isah, noted that the bandits hit Dutsinma, Danmusa and Safana local government areas at about 00:30 hours on April 18.
10. The Defence Headquarters says the troops of Operation Lafiya Dole (OPLD), on Saturday, killed scores of Boko Haram and Islamic States of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists in an encounter at Buni Gari village in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, in a statement on Sunday, said that the troops of Sector 2 in a subsidiary operation carried out the raid.
These are 10 leading naija newspaper for this Monday morning obtained by this online news platform, see you again.